Ok sadly all country names are taken. I didn't even make a report about that because there really wasn't any value. I think I have a city list somewhere and that might come up in a report next time.
There are 252 countries with 3 Letter Abbreviations as defined by ISO 3166 ALPHA-3. This means the 3 letters are standardized in most of the world and show up in many documents and a lot of people understand them.
Oh and I bet you didnt know but the .eth domain is technically reserved for Ethiopia following ISO 3166 ALPHA-3 and .eth is currentlly in a gray area. read more at https://github.com/ensdomains/ens/issues/372
85 of these 3 letter country names (33%) are still available as of this writing.
9 are of value to me for the following reasons
- Country with High Cryto usage
- European country
- Large Country
- Rich Country
- Some companies are incoporated here for low tax reasons
- VNM Vietnam Country with High Cryto usage
- GRC Greece European country
- IDN Indonesia Large Country
- DNK Denmark Rich Country
- NLD Netherland Rich Country
- ZAF South Africa Rich Country
- TWN Taiwan Rich Country
- VGB British Virgin Islands Some companies are incoporated here for low tax reasons